11.04.2010

i got you babe


i'm starting this post at 8:10 this morning because i have a few minutes and some things fresh on my mind. i will get out what i can and then finish it later. so here goes:
i dropped wil and em off at 7:10 this morning (pb usually takes them but i was on time this morning and thought i would offer...no twisting of arms necessary). since i had some time, i stopped to grab a few things at walgreens on my way to school. i love walgreens. as i am standing there with a pack of twizzlers under my arm, a pack of gum in my hand, looking at moisturizers, my phone rings. there is only one person that calls me this early in the morning. my newly engaged bff. we talk every morning. this morning i answer, we chat for a minute, she laughs about me being at walgreens, and then asks me to be a bridesmaid in her wedding. when i say my heart is full, i'm not doing it justice. i have known her all of my life. we were childhood compadres with more stories than i can recount. we grew up loving sonny and cher, hee haw, going to the pool, going to her farm, dressing up, spending the night at each other's houses...until i would get homesick and have to go home, traveling to mississippi in the back of a grand torino station wagon, etc. and the list goes on.

we went our own ways through high school and college, but always staying in touch. we rekindled our friendship, full force, about 6 years ago. we have been there for each other through thick and thin ever since. a lot of laughter, tears, dinners, times by the pool, early morning check-ins, encouraging, etc. and this list goes on too. this morning the check-in conversation went from a tearful "thank you...i am honored", to "what moisturizer do you use?", to "it is freezing outside", to "dinner was so much fun last night", to "i have to go...i'm trying to check out and dropping my phone and the twizzlers".

when i got to school i unloaded all of my stuff. (how can i have a purse and 3 bags with me everyday???) i sat down for a minute to finish my lukewarm coffee and started thinking about how incredible it is to have a friend that has known me all of my life. our mothers are great friends. our sisters are friends. and we had a celebratory dinner last night with one of our other lifelong childhood friends. the things the three of us have experienced together are just as priceless. as we all sat there last night, jumping all over the place with our conversations, i thought, these are the days to be thankful for. it truly makes my heart full. it seems like yesterday that we were all little girls and life just happens so fast. i think back on some of the things we all fretted over (in just these past 5 years)...if we knew then what we know now. they just were not that big of a deal. oh how i wish i could let emily know that.

when i got home i sat on em's bed helping her with homework and we listened to some new taylor swift tunes. not to veer too much further into the sap...but "never grow up" is our new favorite. so sweet. so appropriate for all that i was thinking about and all that i hope em gets out of life and friendships.

on a side note, because my bff makes so much fun of my frequent trips and love of walgreens, here are some of my favorite staples to shop for:

1. twizzlers.
2. stride spearmint gum
3. pumpkin spice candles (seasonal item but the best one i have found)
4. wet 'n wild 666 lip liner
5. wet 'n wild rose gold lip gloss

i seriously think that i am the reason they restock these items regularly.

thank you j for asking me to be a part of this precious time. i am so happy for you. love you! (photo above is not the grand torino)

1 comment:

  1. Cannot choke back the tears...trying not to spill my coffee.

    This is the happiest time in my life, and I am so grateful to have your friendship, encouragement, support and laughter now and for all of these years. How fortunate we are to have such stories to tell!!! Just yesterday we were little girls making a mansion out of a refridgerator box, giggling, bossing each other around and drinking grape kool-aid w/cheetoes. Thank you for being there for me for every bit of my drama and dreams! I love you,

    JKB

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews

Followers