4.03.2010

about last night


yesterday was a perfect day. nothing extraordinary happened but it was just one of those days. the kind that ends with you thinking how perfect it was and how you know that you will look back and really remember it. it was good friday and a half day of school. we went to an easter egg hunt, i painted my nails on the patio, photo boy napped, the cats napped and then we went downtown for dinner outside to celebrate. we ended the night by the fire on the patio reminiscing about childhood things, people we love, making adult plans, talking about summer and listening to the cheesiest play list that photo boy has created yet. it was indeed a perfectly content day. and here are some tunes from the soundtrack at the end of our perfect day: pg

copacabana, 1978 barry manilow
whenever i call you 'friend', 1978 kenny loggins
you make me feel like dancing, 1977 leo sayer
let's go all the way, 1986 slyfox
everybody everybody, 1990 blackbox
sing, 1973 the carpenters
africa, 1982 toto
holding back the years, 1986 simply red
true, spandau ballet
ring of fire, johnny cash
if you leave me now, 1976 chicago
how long, 1975 ace

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes cheesy really hits the spot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey--music that really zaps you with memories of that part of your life ain't cheesy! Copacabana is implanted in my mind; Jeff and I heard it constantly during our months-long road trip in 1978. "At the Copa" is the correct title, I think. FYI: Jeff sneered at it. I'm going to compose my personal playlist. Odd: being a 90% classical person, my playlist is pretty much pop stuff. Go figure.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews

Followers