8.09.2010

summer faded into fall, with it came the writing on the wall


where did summer go and why does it end so soon now? i thought summer used to be june, july and august. i will say that the passing of one season into another does stir up mixed emotions for me. and while i was taking my last early summer morning walk today, i thought, you know, it's all about choices. really. it is sad that summer is coming to an end. if i choose to think about it long enough, i can wallow in some pretty deep nostalgia over what is ending and miss whatever is on tap for today. it's my choice in how i look at this passing of summer and i do love fall. and honestly, i am pretty geeky about school starting. i always loved the first day, new school supplies, a fresh start. and i still do. i love getting organized and back into a routine, football season starting, the leaves changing and of course, fall clothes. change is good and it's my choice to accept it and look forward to all that it has in store for me or not. this is my official last day of summer vacation and i am so thankful for the great summer that we have had. a lot of good memories were made and a lot of change is in store for us now. in so many arenas. so i'll allow myself a little nostalgia today and then i'm embracing the change that is ahead and inevitable.

2 comments:

  1. I understand where you're coming from but my nostalgia for this summer has MELTED! 8))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Come out to the Pacific Northwest, where summer comes and goes all summer long--especially this year. I've not been tabbing the days, but I'd say the score so far is Summer 12, Winter 35. JMac

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews

Followers